Old 01-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Betty

Hi Melissa,
You know, all you have to do is get that thought process warmed up & it just flows, doesn't it? I don't have a travel ironing board but you reminded me I have a small board I have not used in some time......somewhere in the garage...lol. Anyway it made me think again that maybe that could do the trick.I had disregarded it once as it would just be too big & awkward & in the way. I have already got a fold up ironing board that I put on the back of the door, regular size. I bet I could take the little one, mount it on the wall at a workable height in a convenient place, over the sewing table. I could put a little piece of wood wide enough to stabilize it under the pointed end, on a hinge so it could be pulled down when the board is pulled down, then fold the whole shebang up flat on the wall when I don't need it. I am an old sew-er but a new quilter & it is great to toss thoughts & ideas around with others. If you don't exactly use what they have in mind it can sometimes jog an idea loose of something you can use for your own situation. I have not yet used the grid either but when I first had heard of it it sounded like a helpful way to not end up having your piece get out of shape when pressing or ironing it. Anything that can help when your new and dumb and trying to teach yourself the skills you need! You have a great weekend also. Betty 8)