Old 05-12-2009, 03:04 AM
bnquilter

Hello to you all.

I have been following this quilting board for some time now as a "guest", and am blown away by all the help and motivation everyone enjoys. As my id suggests, I am an absolutely brand new at quilting, never before picked up a needle with any real serious intent, (even had to read the manual to remind myself how to thread my sewing machine). My sewing machine and I are not on speaking terms - unless you can count a few swear words thrown in as "speaking".

However... just after Christmas, I helped a friend who was desperate to finish a hexagon hand sewn quilt (she MUST have been really desperate to ask ME for help) and after about 10 mins, I was hooked. Now I am diligently reading everything I can about quilting, and have even tried a few things myself.

And its all thanks to you on this board. You have all given me the confidence to start, and keep working on a project.

I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate the tutorials. The step by step instructions and pictures are so well done that even I can follow them. I live out of town, and cannot easily attend any workshops or classes etc. So your detailed pictures and instructions have been just simply wonderful! In my recent retirement, I just know I have found a new lease on life.

I hope I do not appear too stupid by asking some very basic questions and requesting assistance for the simplest tasks; and I thank you all in advance for the help I know you will offer.

Cheers for now