Old 07-08-2011, 09:52 AM
sailsablazin

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by irishrose
Do you have xanthan gum in your mix? I mix rice flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour and xantham gum and have had good results lately. I also have gluten free oatmeal flour which adds a nice flavor. But some people can't have oatmeal at all.

BTW, your pie looks wonderful. We celiacs know things may look a little different and appreciate your efforts.

I did put xanthan gum in it. I used rice, tapioca and corn starch. The crust itself I think is alright I was just so disappointed that it bubbled over like that. I kept watching it and kept watching it. I checked it one last time and said it needs maybe 5 mins went back in 3 and it looked like that lol. If the crust had browned like the regular pie I might have been able to catch it but it didnt. Ohh well I am sure it is still good.
And thanks I am trying. I have made the best cookies my husband has ever had (so he says lol) and I found some pretty good doughnuts and he likes the bisquick pancakes
Guess I need to get your recipes. MY DH has had to be gluten free and dairy free for the past 30 years and it is a PAIN! The kids and I eat regularly but everything HAS to be homemade. Guess I am grumpy since after 30 years, he does NOT appreciate the time and effort that goes into shopping and preparing. (Basically, he has no clue since it has always been taken care of for him). I usually just made him the "inners" of the pie and make a regular pie for us. Two sisters of mine who used to snicker at us bringing his own food have been diagnosed lately. Now things are not so funny anymore!