Thread: sewing table
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM
joyce888
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carslo
I have a Horn it is outstanding! We bought it as a floor model http://www.hornofamerica.com/product...&productID=125 so it was considerable discounted and an impulse buy. I said I wanted one and my DH said okay.
I would check craigslist and kijiji for used ones either Horn or Koala.

Features I like are it is big 4 feet by 5 feet, the back part drops down if needed. It is on casters for easy moving. It is heavy and doesn't wobble or vibrate. It has 3 levels with a push down hydrolic lift.

Hope that helps.
I too have a Horn sewing cabinet with the above features and dearly love it. My only caution is that if you buy a cabinet check first to see how your machine fits before buying a custom made acyrlic insert. I bought one for my machine that fit fine no problem; then I bought a new machine with a longer throat and when I would sew I would be at an uncomfortable position because of the needle being farther to the left. Had another custom insert made and now I can't lower my machine unless I take the insert out and move my machine so it will clear the opening. But hey I never close mine up anyway so it's not a problem. :D