View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 AM
pittsburgpam

My daughter and 3 grandchildren are here this week and I am trying not to sew!! It's surprisingly hard. I washed and dried the fabric for the next quilt on Saturday, that wasn't sewing. I did make 4 pin cushions and did the handwork downstairs, that's not quilting.

I was in the sewing room early on Sunday sewing the crazy quilt piece for a pincushion top. The 2 month old baby and the 20 month old were both asleep downstairs, the 9 year old was at her friends' aunt's b-day party, my daughter's bedroom door was closed and I assumed she was in there so... I went into the sewing room. Moments later my daughter comes in and tells me to "come out of the sewing world!" I said, "What else am I supposed to do? The babies are asleep, Brianna is gone, I thought you were in your bedroom..." She says she was putting her makeup on.

*sigh* I feel like I have to sit on my hands and not do anything that takes me away from interacting with them. It's just for a week and I feel sooo guilty that I want to sew.