View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 03:15 PM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Not Joanne's but I was just going over my Hancock's receipt where I had a 15% off total amount. I noticed that I didn't get 15% off the item that I used my 40% coupon on. The register did it automatically and instead of taking the 15% off the total amount, it deducted 15% off "each" item. I know registers are set up to calculate different ways but this seems misleading to me. I'm going to take my receipt back in and ask them why I didn't get the 15% off the 40% coupon item. It was the Senior Citizen discount and did not specify any exemptions...just said 15% off total order. I know it's a little amount but every bit counts in this economy. It might even mean that I can spend MORE with them.
Usually the stores do not apply the "% off total purchase" to items that have already been couponed. Make sure you read the fine print. I just looked at the sales flier and it says "Exclusions apply; cannot be combined with another non-sale discount or coupon; offer cannot be used for previous purchases, special orders or purchase of gift cards. Exlcudes Every Day Deals, Pintastic, irons, steamers, Sidewinder Bobbin Winder, sewing machines, tables, dress forms, sewing furniture." (emphasis mine)