View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
quilterella

I started this about 6 weeks ago and it was intended for my best friend's 25th anniversary. Someone on the board did a mockup for me to set 25 dresden plates on point. Since that time, my best friend decided to make herself a dresden plate quilt, so, I had to modify my plans. I had originally started making the Madarin Maze BOM from Joannes and with lots of help from board members, had enough fabric to finish it. Anyway, my best friend is now going to recieve the Madarin Maze and my DSIL will recieve the dresden plate. My DSIL helps out my MIL with all sorts of things, including lots and lots of tedious errands. If it wasn't for the DSIL, the rest of the family would have their hands full, so, I thought a quilt would be a nice jesture of appreciation. We will deliver it tomorrow. The fabric is various orientals I have collected over time. I did the free motion quilting on my Tin Lizzie and it is only the second quilt I have finished on the TL, and the first big one. I really hopes she likes it, although it may not be perfect, it is made with many good intentions.

Butterfly I traced off of one of my scrub tops.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223270[/ATTACH]

The label reads Our Guardian Angel because she truly is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223271[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223263.jpe   attachment-223264.jpe   attachment-223265.jpe