View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 08:40 AM
GayKennedy

So far I have just done free motion in a loopy meandering design. I did do some freehand hearts and stars which turned out pretty good. I have not yet tried to follow a pattern with the stylus but did follow a pattern pinned to the practice piece. It was a turtle and didn't turn out too bad but I decided not to put that on the baby quilt.
It depends on your machine, Kathy, as to how much space you would have in the throat of your machine. My singer I was using was a smaller one and just did not have enough room at all but I was also not setting it quite right either which I discovered after buying the Janome 1600P. I did get a really good buy on my janome though (I think). :D
I did quite a bit of research online before buying my gracie II frame, Kathy and it just seemed like the one that fit my needs better. If I had plenty of money, I would buying a Bailey machine with a 13" throat space but.....well that just isn't going to happen!! LOL
You put in some long long hours.....not sure I would have the energy to quilt after a day like that. I also live in the country but only about 2 miles from town.
Gay