View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by Wonnie
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I am thinking on getting this pattern and want to order the bag-e-bottom to go in it...however the pattern does not list the finished size, so I do not know what size bottom to order for it!
Can anyone who makes these tell me #1- does it need a sturdy bottom insert?, #2- what size it would need to be!

Thanks
This is what I did. Went to the local Craft 2000 and bought for next to nothing an artist's board....you know, like they use to paint on. It's extremely sturdy....then when the bag was finished I measured the inside and cut my board to that specification. Then I took
fabric either coordinating with the lining or matching and covered the board and inserted it into the bottom. Just remember to cut the board a little bit smaller to allow for the wrapping. You will absolutely LOVE this purse. I have used mine for a year and I mean, USED it and if you follow the directions for interfacing, etc. it's the sturdiest bag around and I have put some real weight in it. On occasion even use it to haul my daubers, etc. to Bingo.