Thread: MY New BABY
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Linda - K.

Looks to be in great shape. I have my Mom's that my Dad bought way back in the early 60s. They are workhorses and I like to use it for sturdy fabrics mostly since I have a newer Bernina 440QE for quilting. I and another sister rescued the 403 from our other sister that had it and was moving. She was going to toss it in the garbage cause it was so old and didn't sew very good anymore (just needed the bobbin case tension adjusted--thanks to Dave McCallum's book "The Featherweight & I" it was easy to do). It didn't have the proper book with it when my Dad bought it used. It had the 503 manual and box of accessories but they fit the 400 series as they were slant shank. I have purchased the correct manual and all the cams for mine on Ebay and one group came with 4 I already had: #3, diamonds; #6, crescent; #7, icicle; and #11, ribbon. If you PM me with your address I'll send these 4 to you if you want them. The zigzag one you got with your machine is the one I keep in my machine all the time as I use that one the most.

Oops! Just saw that you are in Everett!! Guess we could meet up somewhere in Everett and I could give the cams to you if you want them. I'm in the Lake Goodwin area.