Old 07-09-2011, 08:43 AM
emsgranny

I don't quite understand it - It seems that paying cash for a purchase has become a thing of the past.

Clerks at the various stores look at you like you are just plain crazy if you pay with cash!!! Some of the young ones get that deer in the headlight look even. :lol:

It is so frustrating to me - it seems that most stores do not educate their employees on how to count change back to a customer - I for one miss that!!!! If it wasnt for the registers telling them how much change to give, some of them would be lost. Then they can't count the amount to you - they just hand it back or say 3.26 is your change (thats what the register says anyway) and they just dump it on counter or in your hand. I have made it a point to count it when I receive it because some don't even give the correct change when told how much to give you.

Call me old fashioned but when we were growing up, we didn't and couldn't use calculators in class. This mean't we had to think for ourselves and do math in our heads. Counting out change was routine and showed respect to the customers. I learned early on (started work at concession stand at the pool while I was in 8th grade). My husband helped in concession stand last night with our grand daughters softball team. They were 8 and 9 year olds and he was trying to teach them how to do the math in order to give change-not an easy task. Just saying. I am not bashing my grand daughter by any means - in many ways she is smarter for her young age than I was or can be on some subjects!!!

I have heard it said trends go full circle - like the 70's clothes are coming back in style and even some of the songs are being remade. Do you think the "cash" concept
will ever return???

I doubt it- but whenever I can I will continue to pay cash for my purchases. I dont like signing those electronic pads - where does my signature go??? Where do all my pin numbers go???? I guess I should ask my grand daughter - she would probably know this :lol:

Thanks for listening..I feel better now...will be off to the store soon with cash in hand!!!! cheryl