View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 08:50 AM
justflyingin

We do give away a lot of quilts to ladies here in Poland and in the area (I've posted before with pics). We have a lady and her mom (both retired--one is in her 60's and her mom is in her 80's) who make us baby quilts. I give them out each Christmas to poor ladies in the area along with a bag of diapers and other baby stuff.

And the ladies absolutely LOVE them. They are so pretty and unlike anything we have here.

So, for everyone else... I make twin size or bigger. I usually make twin size, but occasionally I try to make some queen sizes for a bigger bed--for two people. When using a panel, I usually just add borders around the edges of it (for example, Spiderman which start out 36x45) till it gets to be twin sized so that the children/young people can use them on their beds without their toes sticking out.

Here's the post from before for anyone who wants to see some of the ladies. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-84453-1.htm

Many of them have a very hard life, and we are glad to help them out. We just tie the quilts, though my goal this year is to learn to FMQ. However, my kids and I can tie a quilt in half an hour (of course, I've already put the thread through at that point, after layering it...)

My daughter trimming the batting after we finished tying this Spiderman twin sized charity quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223512[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223506.jpe