Thread: sewing table
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM
greenini

kwendt: thank you for taking the time to be so specific. When we get back home from this trip, it's finally going to be time to set up the condo so it will be more useful for both sewing and us!

I've been sewing in the back of our dining room under a window and need to be more focused about it. I was looking thru a magazine about using small spaces and got a revelation: we have these heavy nice, but wide black shelves for display and I've taken some of it over for sewing overflow. I now want to get rid of that piece and replace it with regular width bookcases which will do a couple of things. We can still display DH's radio collection, some of my quilting books and stuff and I think we'll get back a couple of inches of dining room space!

And also thanks to the rest of you for specific websites, I've marked those for future use once I've done the preliminary work, I can't wait to get home and get cracking. It's nice to have something fun to look forward to and think about as the miles roll by.

I must make a confession. We finally found my "dream" machine a 1952 Singer 15-91 in an antique store to add to my "stable". I tried to get the guy to sell me just the machine and not the little cabinet it was in, but no go. So now we have to figure out how to get it from NH to Ga in our VW bus and camp at the same time. Life is never dull, ya know :lol:
My next message is to Billy to see if the cabinet can be taken apart and put back together.