Thread: Eczema
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 10:30 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
My husband has Eczema and he has suffered with it for years. But since his transplant and anti-rejection drugs, it has mostly disappeared. It seems the drugs that keep him from rejecting also keep his skin from "rejecting" in lumps and bumps, which is the eczema (at least this is the way I understand it works). The best cream/lotion he used was lotion with ammonium lactate. It's rather expensive and could only get it from the dermatologist, but it works pretty good. I still use it on a couple dry patches on my face and like the way it works. You might ask the dermatologist about the rejection drugs and see if they would work for you. Hubby had tried them before transplant and they did help some.
The "rejection drugs" that you are talking about are immunosuppressants which means they suppress your immune system. These drugs are used for the most serious cases of any dermatological disorders. It opens the user up to an increased risk for infections and slow healing of wounds. I know this because I have psoriasis so severe that over 10% of my body is affected. I have every cream in the world, take immunosuppressant medication and also take the Humira injections just to keep it an acceptable level.