Thread: material
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 11:31 AM
joyce888
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Originally Posted by sandy12010
Ok now I have another question...I hope you all dont mind...I have done a few quilts but am still learning. I found the pattern I think I will do but need to know approx. how much I will need to use to make it for a queen size bed...It is calld Pinwheel #8 I got it off http://www.quilterscache.com Any help is greatly appreciated..thank you all
Sandy
Not sure, but I think you would have to multiple the amounts given by the number of blocks you would need. BTW, good choice, with white background? Maybe black?
I just finished ( I mean like last night!) making that very same pinwheel #8 for a king size bed. I made 56 blocks; 7 accross and 8 down. The blocks complete at 10"; I did 2" sashing all around; then a 3" inside border and a 6" outside border. My quilt finished at 104 x 114. I would post a pic but I took it to the LA'r this morning. My advise is to measure your bed and decide how long you want the sides and length to be, then count how many blocks and width of borders you need to get to that measurement.