Old 07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
gramajo

Originally Posted by Sandee
I use shecks alot & cashiers really don't like them any more....Too Bad..

I'm a cashier, so handle checks, credit & debit cards. Our check verification machine takes a long time for approval. In the meantime, the line behind the checkwriter is getting longer & people are getting impatient. I had 1 customer down the line ask "why the h*** do you take checks anyway?"

Credit & debit cards also take longer than cash sales. Sometimes when a card is declined, the customer gets mad at us & says they just made a deposit, it should go through, yada, yada, yada. Unless the deposit was cash, most banks won't release the funds until the next day.

I'm not trying to push cash, credit or debit--just trying to present the other side. BTW, I sometimes prefer using checks if I don't have enough cash on me and don't want to put it on a credit card. I don't have a debit card--it seems like too much bookkeeping for me.

Since I am on my soapbox, don't even get me started on rude/impatient/talking on their cellphone customers. Most of us behind the register are trying to do our best and be nice to even the nastiest of customers.

:-)