View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:37 PM
arimuse

Ramona, I do have some Diatomaceous Earth, I got it for the animals (food grade). I dust the cats when they start to scratch a bit, seems to work on fleas. You can mix it with water?? I didnt think this stuff would mix too well. Do you have a site that tells you the ratio of DE to water/food? I suppose you have to be careful with it.
I will look for insects but I think its a virus. I really think it came in with the outside bagged soil I put down. It only affects tomatoes where I used this soil.My zuchinni died off too.
It makes me mad, cus for several yrs I spent the fall shovelling horse poo for someone who had several horses. She moved away so I was left with no spring fertilizer. It was a hard thankless job, but I could take away all the manure I could shovel into a pickup bed. So, this spring, I take the easy but expensive route - buying my manure and look what I get for it. All the yrs I put the real thing on the garden and it would explode with veggies. This yr it just explodes! sharet