Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Jamiestitcher62

Need to know what to do. My 16 yr. old Smokey died in April, Schmoo my 9 yr. old female is not taking it well. She is becoming withdrawn and is just not behaving like she used to. For example, she is sleeping under the bed or on the floor instead of on my bed, she wanders around and her tail is twitching most of the time. I find her sitting in the middle of a room just staring off into space. She doesn't do that. She doesn't appear to be happy at all. She's eating, using the litter box and everything that part is ok. She is spending a lot more time outside than she used to.

I was thinking about getting her a new buddy, cause I think she misses having another kitty around, should I do that or should I wait and see what happens with her first, because I don't want to cause more stress bringing a rescue adult female into the picture.

Plus do you know anything about Feliway, it's supposed to be a cat pheromone and my vet recommended it for when I get a new cat apparently you plug them into the wall in the room where the cats are the most. It supposedly keeps them calm? Has anyone tried it and should I try it right now before getting a kitty to see if it snaps her out of her funk first?

Thanks guys, I hope I can get some answers, because I miss my Schmoo and she's just a completely different kitty now and I'm really sad. It's like I lost 2 kitties instead of just 1.