View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:19 AM
grann of 6

Well, I have to add my 2 cents worth to this subject. I agree with everyone else about comparing your quilting to the others on here. That is not the object of this board (at least in my humble opinion). The object is to find friends in each other that we can't find in our everyday close to us life. I have been so lucky as to find a friend on the board who lives about 45 minutes from me that loves to come to my "sandbox" to play. We go shopping together too. She and I are so alike in our quilting ways but different in as many other ways. She hand quilts, I machine quilt (not so good). We have much the same tastes in fabric. But the most important thing is we have fun together; can laugh about our mistakes and just enjoy the whole process of quilting without judging. This is an outlet for our inner creativity. We are artists and have to project that to others. Artists don't judge each others style, they revel in it. I have many thousands of dollars in sewing machines, embroidery machines, long arm quilting machine, and am still a mediocre quilter. But I love doing it and that is all that matters. So just keep quilting and showing us your work.