Thread: Nook vs. Kindle
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 AM
romanojg

LOVE; LOVE;LOVE my Nook; both the color one and the black and white one. I now use my color one the most. One of the best features of the Nook is that B & N doesnt care where you buy your books from; they accept alot of file formats.

You can put music, pdf's, books on cd, all MS office files on it and more. I love the color when reading the magazines, and kids books. Lots of free books and you can go into the BN and read any book for an hour a day; free of charge.

My grandson loves the Read to me feature when I'm too busy to read to him but he wants a story. I got the extended warranty and it comes w/a fix or replace feature that the do honor.

If you have any problems go straight into the store and get great help (thier phone customer service isn't the best; anyhow for me) If it needs to be replaced they'll do it right there in the store; no waiting for the mail.

Lots of free and low cost apps that makes it now like an organizer because you don't just sync it w/your pc you can actually add items right to your Color Nook. Some great games as well.

You can get your email on it. It was the easiest time I've ever had to set up for email; just put in your email address and password.

You can read in bed at night w/lights off and you can adjust the screen settings to read outside.

Barnes and Noble is a big company so they'll be around along time; they are local so I can just go there if needed.

It doesn't have 3G; my black and white did but to use it you have to pay extra for the service just like on a pc. All three of the Nooks on the market has wireless and that's all you need. Even most McDonalds have free wireless hookups.

Like I said; love my Nook. I researched before I got it and I couldn't be happier with it. Hope this helps.