Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 AM
dlf0122quilting

I usually try to keep it at about 50 or less and I have learned to be a great bargain shopper. I buy most of my fabrics on line theough Thousands of Bolts and Bear Paw Quilting. I do support my LQS's when I need something specific like tools or magazines. etc. I found that these 2 sites have some fabulous material for $3-5/yd and shipping costs are not any more than it would cost me to drive to the LQS's which are at least a 40 mile round trip for me. Also, I love getting those packages in the mail.
I get a lot of donated fabric from friends and from people in my church for charity quilts so not all of the fabrics I have in my sewing room are technically mine but I do combine them so I can color coordinate the quilts I make for our prayer quilt ministry and the charity quilts I make for the 2 guilds I belong to. I feel so blessed to have found this hobby and my many quilting friends. They are all in my prayers even if they don't believe because they have pulled me through some tough times.