View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:42 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching
Originally Posted by Val in IN
I personally really dislike JoAnn's coupon policy. I really think they are scamming. I only go there if I really can't find what I need anywhere else and I don't have time to order on line. I am no fabric snob, but if we don't start supporting our LQS's, before too long we won't have them. Even if I only buy notions or fat quarters or take a class, it helps keep them in business. You also get better service. Try getting advice from an employee at JoAnns. Most of them don't even sew.
Joanns batiks are more expensive than the LQS and their legacy brand is just as expensive as Moda, granted the quality of the Legacy brand is better than much of what they have I dont think it is as good as say Moda or TT, SSImports. But it costs just as much...I just always leave Joanns feeling like there is some conspiricy at work there.
I agree...I often feel like things are not on the up and up when I am at the register at Joann's...at least not at the Superstore. In Fort Worth, there is still in business one of the much, much smaller Joann's with mostly fabric and very little crafts. The girls there are very helpful, and I have had, on more than one occasion, the cashiers ring up my purchases separately so I could use multiple coupons. She has done this even with a line standing there...she just wanted me to get the best deals I could...and since there was a line, I find it hard to believe that I was an exception rather than the rule. When I can, I give that Joann's my business....and cringe when I have to go to the bigger one.