Old 07-10-2011, 07:47 AM
MissyGirl

Originally Posted by JHolm
Missy - hope you get to go on your vacation. Sorry Cathie had to leave. Things will get better you'll see.

I'm not doing so good right now - I haven't slept hardly at all for the last two nights. Think I'll have to call my psych doc to get my meds adjusted. One of my meds counteracts another one and when I get stressed out I get racy and they have to cut down on my antidepressant. It's a hard balance to maintain. But I have a good doctor and a good therapist so that helps. Unfortunatly my therapist is out of town right now but she comes back this week and I see her on Wed. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

DH is going to a baseball game this afternoon so I'll be alone most of the day but it's good for him to get out.

I maintained my food intake yesterday and when I took my blood suger level it was in the normal range so that's a good thing.

Xylie - I don't know how you do anything in that heat. You just amaze me. It's been in the 90's this past week here and that's way hot enough for me. We haven't had any rain for awhile and all the lawns are turning brown. Now they are predicting sever thunderstorms all this week.

Well, everyone have a good day. Stay out of the heat.

God Bless!
Jeanne...I totally understand what it feels like to need to have my psych meds adjusted. I am part of a program called IMPACT and I see someone from the team every single day. (Thankfully though I am only having them give me my meds 4 times a week instead of twice a day. I am gradually moving closer to total medication independence...woohoo!!) They make sure I see the psychiatrist every four weeks. This last week I saw the psychiatrist and she adjusted my cloziril (the med that controls my psychotic symptoms like hearing voices, seeing things, etc) from 200 mg at night to 150 mg at night. I am so so thankful that it was adjusted because that little bit that I am not taking has made the difference in my sleeping all day and being happy and alert. BIG relief.

I used to take an antidepressant that would make me feel manic and thankfully the psych decided I needed to not take that one anymore. Now I do not have manic times at all.

I will certainly be thinking and praying for you. That is a given. I keep you and all the other folks here in my prayers daily.

BIG HUGS!!!

Missy