Thread: Nook vs. Kindle
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Newbeefromjersey

I had the original Kindle and when the new one came out I got that and gave the other to my daughter. I LOVE KINDLE! Since I am a big reader, I get many books free and discounted. I also order pre-order books and when I go shopping I bring my Kindle and type in the books that interest me.
When I finish each book I put it inot my archive. The books you buy are always yours so if you want to read a book again, all you have to do is take it out of archive.
Another important thing to me is that if you have a problem with the Kindle, customer service is wonderful and help you immediately. You get a one year warranty with the Kindle, so if you have any problem with it, the company sends you a replacement one the next day with a return slip to ship the damaged/broken one back. My Kindle 2 developed a crack so I called the company late one night and the next morning, the replacement Kindle was at my doorstep.
I purchased a black cover with a light from Target and love it. The light comes on only when your turn on the Kindle. When Kindle goes into sleep mode, the light goes off. You do not need batteries.
One more thing, one day when the Kindle battery dies, call the customer service, they will send you the shipping slip. Send your Kindle back and they will put in a new battery. I don't know if there is a charge, but the company is wonderful.
I hope I covered everything.
I am a Kindle addict.