Thread: Nook vs. Kindle
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 10:39 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Pam B
I imagine you will enjoy whichever you decide upon. My Nook was a Christmas gift. It is the black/white version both 3G& WiFi. I like mine very much. I would suggest you try to find a friend who has a Kindle and handle/look at it...then go to Barnes & Noble...or even Best Buy...and look at the Nook and other e-readers that are available...then make you decision. I love being able to slip my Nook into my handbag and read while I am waiting at places.
Even though you can buy the ereaders at Best Buy and other places along w/the extended warranty; beware. When you buy the Nook (and maybe others) somewhere else you cannot take it to Barnes and Noble for them to replace it if you have problems; you will have to send it out. This came directly from the B & N manager himself. Where you buy it would have to refund it or you'd have to go thru the company to get it replaced. I'd much rather deal w/in store than on the phone customer service. I love B & N; they've helped me several times when I couldn't get the 1800 # to help.