Thread: sewing table
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:45 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by sewbeeit42
The ideas and suggestions by Kwendt couln't have come at a more helpful time. We are rebuilding our house after the blast and fire and are starting from scratch. I will have a large bonus room for my quilting and sewing and have been searching for ideas to make it as user frienly as possible. There were lots of good ideas here. Now for the graph paper. We can even tell our architect about plug and light placement.
Oh! beautiful! If you can plan it out before they're done furbing up the inside... try to get them to put at least TWO different electrical circuits in your room, and more if possible. Irons take a LOT of electrical current to run, especially the new 1700 or 1900 watt ones. So plan on more circuits and keep your irons on one, and everything else on the other. Another idea that a friend of mine did... and wish I had!... is to put some of the electrical plugs up about 3' off the floor (counter level), instead of always at the floor level. That takes planning, but then you've got places to plug in your TV, DVD, radio, iron, mini iron, craft gadgets, etc. Leaving the machines, floor lights, etc. to be plugged in below. She used kitchen laminiate white counter tops around one side, sitting on kitchen cabinets for storage. Her room is over the 3 car garage, so it's something like 30' by 20' huge! Sounds like you'll have something similar! Whoo hoo! I'm jealous! What fun and I hope you plan to have places to have over your quilting buddies. I'm sorry about the blast and fire, of course... but I'm just sayin... !