View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 05:11 PM
gramma mo

Originally Posted by TanyaL
I would use the fabric as a large panel and then use a neutral color (blue or tan) in large blocks around it and applique some of the instruments over the blocks and applique some of the words. I would use the fabric with the words as a wide border. I doubt if the boy is interested in the pattern but will fall in love with the visual of the intact instruments on the quilt. I would make matching pillowcases for him. instruments with a border of words or the neutral color with a border of words.
Well, I started the top, but have to wait for the coordinate with words to come in the mail. I'll use it for a border, and a sashing down each side to separate the top from the part hanging down the sides of the bed.
Tanya - I like the idea of a pillow case, and I have enough of everything to do that. I also have a tiny chocolate brown/tan check to use. I used it as the little corner stones, and there is a pillow sham to match.
I'll post a picture of what I got done so far.

I love my design wall that I bought at JoAnne Fabrics. BUT - the cheap $2 vinyl table cloth I hung up next to it works JUST as well!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224547[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-224541.jpe