Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM
bri1977

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by BettyGee
A basting gun? Didn't know there was such an animal, but I'm sure going to do some researching on that one. Wow would that be cool. I'm a strong supporter of spray basting on smaller projects, but on the big ones the smell could knock out a small army. Thanks for the info.
I spent the money for one to discover that they have a length of plastic between the two tabs that allowed way too much movement when I tried to quilt it. I am not a great quilter, but that just made it so much worse for me. If you decide to try it, hang on to your receipt. IMHO
I ordered one from Nancy's Notions and liked what I read. I will keep in mind what you have said. They are good on returns so I'll keep my receipt as you suggested. Thank you for the heads up.
This is true, but I read somewhere about using small felt squares to take up the extra space if that makes sense. I didn't do this, but I also used safety pins to secure it in the seam heavy areas that I would not be quilting over. I probably used about 1/4 of the amount of safety pins I would have used without the basting tacks. You can quilt right up to them almost like they aren't even there, unlike safety pins. I found it to be great, others may not, but that's what it great about having so many options :)