Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Launie

Couple things... Picked up the treadle cabinet from my mom. Her dad was the sewing machine repair guy for years and years. Two years ago when settling out the estate, there were a ton of sewing machines in his basement, but I had a brand-new Pfaff and why would I need a 70yr old tank? Stupid me didn't realize 70yr old tanks sew circles around new machines!
A few weeks ago, after finding this board, I ask my mom if she had any more of those machines. Enter Old Ironsides- a 1935 Singer 15-91. Who runs fabulous, btw. Thanks to this forum and mucho oil.
So the treadle cabinet has been in my moms garage for the last two years and I picked it up and brought it home today. Old Ironsides fits great. The cabinet is in really good shape and I have already put the drawers to good use holding odds and ends.

Now the other night I was doing a bit of sewing on O.I. and the bobbin threads are all squiggly. Any ideas as to why?

Bobbin side of 15-91 stitching
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224656[/ATTACH]

Yeah baby!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224657[/ATTACH]

Close up of the fancy scrolling
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224658[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-224650.jpe   attachment-224651.jpe   attachment-224652.jpe