Old 07-11-2011, 05:17 AM
jan on 446

[quote=vintagemotif][quote=Crossstitcher][quote=vintagemotif]
kwendt wrote:
miriam wrote:
kwendt wrote:
miriam wrote:

But naming the old machines after a celeb? that's a thought! Maybe I should name some of my old singer girls, "Francis Langford", "Betty Boop", Cyd Charisse and maybe "Bettie Page" or "Jessica Rabbit". lol!

I have one named after Blaze Starr! My singer 201k is called Starr. I grew up in the Baltimore area and remember adults talking about Blaze Starr and the 2o'clock club down in the city when I was a kid.
Well, after I found my machine, I decided to call it Starr, and then Blaze popped into my head...which led to me thinking of Blaze Starr. I read somewhere that she sewed her own clothes. I can picture her with a Singer!

I remember my parents talking about Blaze Starr. B/C I lived in Md as a child. My parents knew Baltimore pretty well. Any way what I am getting at is a year or so ago they had Blaze Starr's FW on e bay. can't remember what it was sold for. They showed a picture of her machine and supposedly some of the costumes she had made with the FW.
Another person my parents talked about was Gypsy Rose Lee
and I think she made her own clothes when just starting out.

OMG! I remember the adults talking about Gypsy Rose Lee too! I didn't know that she too sewed her own clothes.

I didn't know she WORE clothes ;... I think she was more interested in taking them off <wave>

Omak, That is too funny! I proves that "truth is funnier than fiction"!
Jan on 446