Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Bennett
Hello all! I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and finally decided to join. I've loved seeing the variety of machines everyone has. Y'all have even inspired me to purchase a lonely and neglected treadle and get her up and running again. I've lucked out so far with my vintage machines and gotten ones that work without me doing anything, so my "old geezer" is an adventure.

My first was a Singer 201 in a cabinet purchased at an estate sale at least 10 years ago. I bought it for the cabinet/desk to use for my laptop! I think I started quilting at about that time, but I had a new Elna. Can't remember exactly why I started using the 201, but I was hooked. The poor Elna sat in a closet for a decade until I gave it to my sister earlier this year.

Next came a great 15-91 that I've used for many years with no problems. Then my mom bought be a Featherweight (finally got her up and running). A few weeks ago I found a 127 in a treadle that I'm currently working on. I don't seem to be stopping because yesterday I picked up a little 99k in a cabinet. Don't know why, because it's not as if I really need it! :) Oh, and I've got my eye on an well-used looking 66 model at Goodwill.

I think I'm officially hooked. My family probably thinks I'm crazy. I think I've rambled on enough, but I did want to say thanks to all of you for this great resource.
Yep, you have the same thing the rest of us have - vintagemachineites! Once we start, none of us have really stopped! But, what I neat hobby to rescue these magnificent machines! I too have two machines less then 6 years old that just sit on a shelf!
Nancy