Old 07-11-2011, 06:06 AM
MarieM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts
Hi everyone, I am here to join your group, I have wanted a treadle for a long time and my sister bought me one for my birthday 2 yrs ago and she just brought her home to me. It is definitely a Singer treadle but I don't know alot about it since I can't seem to lift her out of the cabinet it has this weird corner on the top so it gets caught, the top has alittle damage but from what I have read probably something I can fix. The outside of the drawers look almost carved they are beautiful. The other odd thing is the fact that the treadle seems to close to the floor?? Anyway I will try to post a picture of her ASAP, and will need as much help as I can get to get her looking as good as the other girls on the board. I haven't named her yet since I don't know much about her but will when I get some info. Hoping all of you can help me bring out her beauty, I read somewhere on here not to clean the decals with soap and water but of course can't find the post anywhere. Will await your instructions. Thanks
Maria, welcome to the group. Everyone here is very friendly and you'll get tons of help and advise. Can't wait to see your photos of your "new" girl.

Marie M.