View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Patti Mahoney

Originally Posted by karielt
Ok need your help ladies....
I have taken a little gal from my neighborhood under my wing. She expressed a huge interest in learning how to make a quilt. She is 14 and in a program called “Young Women in Excellence”. In this program it teaches them to make goals and learn new skills. . She wants to learn how to sew and also learn about people who quilt and why they quilt. I thought this Board would be the perfect solution. If you would like to help me help her we have come up with something fun. If you had time would you send a 6 inch square of fabric or a couple if you can spare it and also write down on a piece of paper your name where your from and the reason or what got you started sewing and why you are still sewing. She is going to be keeping a scrapbook about her quilt as we build it. If you are interested please PM. She is so excited about this… Her name is Justeena.
I'm about as computer illiterate as a person can be. Do you want us to mail this to you the old fashioned way, in an envelope with a stamp on it? Or send a PM, whatever that is!
I'm confused!
I think this is so wonderful. I have 2 great nieces who are 9 and 10 years and I've been trying to talk them into learning how to sew or quilt. But, geez, I have to learn myself. I can cross stitch really well and crochet quite a bit. I've never quilted a thing in my life until now. I'm taking an applique class now. I suppose the girls and I will have to learn together, lol. Need your address in we are to mail them the old fashioned way. thanks, Patti