Old 07-11-2011, 08:40 AM
JulieR

Originally Posted by valsma
I know this so well. When we bought our truck a few years back we brought cash with us for the down payment. When the price was decided on and everything was done, I get the cash out of my purse. The salesman looked at me like I had two heads and says 'oh cash". I was like yeah, is that a problem? Well we would prefer a check. I shook my head and asked what was wrong with cash and he said that they prefer checks because it was easier to keep over the weekend. We were there on a Sunday. They didn't want the cash so I had to write a check, and rush to the bank Monday morning to make sure it would be covered. I just don't get it.
He should have taken your cash. However, it is dangerous to leave that much cash laying around a business while no one is there (and even when someone IS there), and the banks weren't open for him on Sunday either. It's a liability they don't want to assume; even if they have excellent insurance it might not cover something so foolhardy as that.

Originally Posted by valsma
I also cannot believe how many people cannot have no clue on how to count change and that drives me nuts. I had a boss who insisted that we count change back or else. He wouldn't let us use the register to tell us how much change. I don't know how the human race is going to survive in the future.
Oh, we'll get on the way we always have: by changing with the times. We have cars and mass-produced clothing, too, and we seem to get along just fine with those. ;)