View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 AM
MCH

As I was looking at my dog Mikey's new post-surgery accessory (he had "that" surgery last Friday), the :idea: lit up in my head.

That "v-collar" or Elizabethan collar the vets put on the patient as a barrier to their licking their wound is made of the same plastic as are those sheets of plastic we buy at the LQS or other places.

When I told my husband what that collar's material reminded me of...drum roll, please. He said, "It's the same stuff you use to make quilting templates." :lol: :thumbup:

Thus, friends, if you have one of those lying around and are wondering how to re-cylce it, consider using it for making templates. Just wash well it first (dog slobber, you know) and open it so it lies flat and voila! Template material!

It's also the same material as those flexible cutting boards we see everywhere. Perhaps you could cut some shapes from the collar (washed well) that would serve as a small cutting board for the picnic basket or...

And that's my idea for the week! The collar comes of Mikey on Friday and I've got first dibs on it! :lol:

He's doing fine, BTW. Arf!