View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Linda B

To try to answer a few of the questions raised:

The fabrics shown are for the rings ONLY. I'm making a queen size that will have a 7 x 8 ring layout and requires 16 sets of color groupings, each with 8 different fabrics ranging from light to dark. I'll have to purchase yardage for the stars, background and backing. The background appears to be several different shades of cream, with the stars made up of black, dark blue, dark green, dark purple and dark raspberry.

I took out one set of the reds and toned down the other one by taking out the really bright reds and adding a couple with a darker tone. To substitute for the missing set of red, I added another set of brown/tans. If I can find enough 'subdued' reds, I may switch those.

As to Bali Pops, I purchased 6 or 7 sets some time ago and used some pieces for a couple of tote bags for my daughters. I started color selections with what was left of the Pops and pulled many FQs and half-yards from my stash, cutting a 2 1/2 strip from each. I put 26 color sets together and then whittled it down to 18, then to these 16. I think the final selections ended up being about 60% stash to 40% Bali Pops.

Thanks, everybody, for your constructive advice. I really appreciate your help as my "quilting buddies." You are the greatest -- and I REALLY mean that.