View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Ramona Byrd

You did a marvelous job. It's a lot better to do it ourselves than to sit back and whimper "Poor little me, nobody will do it for me" when we can do it ourselves.

I do admit that I'm now doing a whole lot more than I figured on doing when I got married over 50 years ago, but since I'm in good health and have my late DH's tools and know how to use them........

Yes, we are woman and watch us work when there's no man around to do it for us.

Last year I put in a new commode in the master bath, one day before company came!!

And last week I had some water coming from under the kitchen sink, took hold of the pipe and the whole $%%^^ thing broke. Original to the 1940s house, it had rusted out. I don't want to get a new sink right away, so for under 10 dollars I put in plastic piping..works like a charm. No leaks at all. I got some advice from a nice older man shopping at Home Depot, he reminded me to use the plumber's tape, a thin plastic stuff that you put on the screw part of the pipes. Makes a water tight seal.

Next on my list is replacing the sink in the front bathroom (original to the house) and the commode, also old. I don't like
the looks of them, some stains are impossible to remove. Might want to paint the tub and enclosure, it works nicely but I hate the dark tile color. And I want small dark gray and cream tiles on the floor. I can find directions on the Internet for this.