Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM
MissyGirl

Originally Posted by Pam H
I saw something interesting on the Today Show this morning. A woman was on who had lost 240 lbs or something like that. A few years ago her doctor put her on a non-diet. She was told to eat 8 oz of food every 3 hours. She got a food scale and got started. It didn't matter what she ate just so it was no more than 8 oz. As she started losing weight she decided she wanted to eat healthier so she then went to lean protein and more fruits and veggies. Her transformation was amazing! She was very thin but had no saggy skin.
I wish I had seen that interview! I have already lost over 100 pounds and need to lose another 225 or so. I already have sagging skin and my surgeon has told me to expect to have at least 50 pounds of skin leftover after I have reached my goal weight. He said that he can get a tummy tuck and breast resuspension covered by my insurance. My arms won't be covered so I might have to get a loan for that. Blech.

I really admire people who publically admit how they were able to lose so much weight. I feel this way especially because there are so many of us that are super morbidly obese. If you look on the covers of fashion magazines or fitness magazines they rarely address those of us that are super morbidly obese.

I do love this group and am so glad that I have never been judged because I weighed so much more than most on this list.

Thank you Pam for posting this!

Missy