Old 07-11-2011, 04:26 PM
MTS
Banned

This is very timely. Your motifs looks fabulous.

I've had a pretty complex quilt project in mind for over a year.
I have all the fabric (over 70, and counting) but I've been vacillating and procrastinating on the method I want to use for the flowers.

The Accu dies aren't quite the shape and size that I want even though I know that would be the easiest path to take. Actually, paper piecing stars would be the easiest but I'm now quite set on the flowers, and I have a certain look I want.

So here are a few questions from someone who has NEVER even been in a scrapbook aisle in any store, and has only a vague clue as to how the Cricut even works:

How can I tell the size of the flowers or is it adjustable?
http://www.cricut.com/shop/#0/1/1413...pe%20Cartridge

-Do you have to run it through the machine one at a time, or can you stack them?
-How long does each "run" take?
-Are the dies on this site the only ones it can use, or are there 3rd party ones as well? (I remember reading something about a ProvoCraft(?) co - but it was regarding copyright issues.
-Can you design your own images and cut those?

The reason I'm asking is I'm curious as to the time it would take to cut X of these if I were to pay someone with the machine to do it for me, assuming I bought the cartridge, and had prepared, cut, and had the fusible already fused to the fabric.

Sorry for the very, very basic questions. Thanks.
And sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread.