View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Kristin in ME

Originally Posted by mzmama
I think $5 is a great number. I have made tons of these little card cases. They sew up so fast and you can use up your scraps. I think you would sell a lot at $5 then you would charging $12.unless you live in an area that would pay that amount. Just my oppinion...
The thing is, if something costs more (within reason), people value it more. Also, it may be true that you could sell more individual items if you are selling for a lower cost- but you are also doing more work for the same amount of money. Say you were charging $6 each- you might sell twice as many as you would if you were selling them for $12 each, but you'd also be doing twice as much work. You're better off raising the price and selling less. And don't undervalue your time! You don't need to be working for sweatshop wages.

One more thing- of course it does matter where you are located and what prices things are going for in your area. So you do have to factor that in, unless you are trying to sell to a broader area- as in on-line, Etsy for instance.