Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Phyllis nm

[quote=Miz Johnny]Since it's a chainstitch, I THINK it will be a little easier--though I don't know for sure. Guess I'll find out. I've changed out needlebars on other machines though, so we'll see.[quote=miriam][quote=Miz Johnny]Lately I've been working on my machines using cardboard flats--they work really well at keeping table tops clean AND catching screws, etc. as they fall.

I worked on my Kruse and Murphy HC a bit over the weekend, but couldn't quite figure out the needle and couldn't make it stitch. I could see the way the needle SHOULD go in, but the only way it fit was backwards. Of course, it wouldn't stitch properly, and kept breaking threads. Finally, someone asked if the needlebar might possibly be backwards. Darned if they weren't right. I haven't taken it apart and put it back together the RIGHT way, but will get around to it eventually, I guess. [quote=miriam]
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by miriam
they have 13 screws in them and I'm dreading it if I loose one.
Do all of your work over a nice thick towel. This way if you drop a screw it won't go anywhere. Good luck on your cleaning :-D
I like the thick towel idea!!!! Brilliant!

The diapers will fit in the flats very well, save your towels.