Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM
miriam
Power Poster

We have some young men helping my hubby with a house we bought at a tax sale. The house has been empty for 3 years. The guys are just helping so they can learn some skills. DH informed them today that they would have to learn to sew before they could use a power saw or any other power tool. He made our boys learn to sew before they used a power tool. He says sewing a finger isn't near as bad as cutting something off. Then he told them I'm real good with any saw because of my sewing. And he told them it was harder to sew because you have to coordinate your feet and your hands. I also think they could learn to follow directions with the sewing. I'm thinking they could make nail pouches or bucket buddies. Any other ideas? File keepers - like yeah they have files... I sure wish that 401G had a treadle belt that fit right. That would keep them busy... LOL I'm thinkin' some kind of thin industrial belt might fit. It needs to be the size and shape of a lamp cord. I sure hate the idea of grinding anything off my machine. Right now it is shredding the leather belt.