View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
the phone we had did not have a dial at all. you just picked up the phone and the operator would say number please. my grandmother's phone number was 392W1 and our phone number was 319J2. :)
My grandmother was from Waterloo, Wisconsin and my grandpa was the village blacksmith (true) and her telephone number was 203M! It was one of those tall wall phones that were made of oak and were a beautiful piece to hang on the wall and had the earpiece that was held in place by the cradle that disconnected a call and you talked into a mouthpiece type of thing and she used to yell into it!!!!!!

Edie

PS - How times have changed. When I was growing up and a teenager back in the early 50's, our telephone number was HUmboldt 1234, then it changed to HU9-1234, then it went to 489-1234 (the HU being 48), until today, my mom is 95, has the same phone number only now it is 651-489-1234. That's how the telephone numbers have changed. She has the speed dial now with our names on the phone so all she has to do is press 1 and there I am!!!!!!!