Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 AM
charity-crafter

Originally Posted by nancia
must you so publicly expose all my foolishness? you're talking about donating the extra flesh as skin grafts. ... well, they came onto the radio and tv and said that they'd just had an offer of extra flesh but it had to be from cadavers,...SOOOOOO embarrassing!
That was just rude of them. It's not like cadavers could say "sure, you can use mine."

I did a google search to see if I could find more info. http://www.mtf.org/donor/living_skin.html

I'm not doing so good. I had to go on travel last week and I'm completely off track. I was in Sweet Water, TX. They took us out to eat at various BBQ and fried chicken places and their idea of a vegetable is cole slaw, potato salad, corn drawning in butter and green beans swimming with the bacon fat. (Now, I'm not saying that all people in south TX eat like this, just the restaurants they took us to). But on the plus side I only put back on 2 pounds. I'm trying to convince myself it was all the salt and it's water weight. When does water weight become fat weight? Now I have to work extra hard to get it back off.

DH can't figure out why I keep getting fabric in the mail. "Why are you getting them? Did you ask for them?"
"No, I won a weight loss challenge."
"oh, you lost weight? Where?"

Husbands-he didn't notice anything the last time until I had lost about 30 pounds he said, "you look different, did you get a hair cut?" when I lost 50 pounds then he noticed I had lost weight because-get this -you won't believe this-he came to me one day after work and said, "Do these jeans look familiar?"

"Hmm, yeah, I have a pair that same color." Turns out he didn't turn the light on when he got dressed that morning and just grabbed a pair from the clean laundry basket, which were mine. Then he asked me if I had lost weight.

He's 5'6" and I'm 5'0" so I fill my jeans out widthwise and when he wears them they are nice an baggy in the seat and long enough for him to wear. He started wearing my jeans because they were more comfortable-I told him it was the spandex.