View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 04:50 AM
SparkMonkey

I tend to cry over powerful images, whether in photos, movies or books. Secretariat's Belmont (go look it up on YouTube) will get me every.single.time. That was athletic perfection and a one-in-a-billion race. Even just thinking about it chokes me up. I cry about eight times through the course of Forrest Gump, especially when Jenny goes running across the Washington Monument reflecting pool during the Vietnam rally. There's a movie called Sweet Land that has one particular scene where a farmer is facing the loss of his farm. I actually had to stop the movie and get the cry out before I could continue.

When it comes to everyday life, however, I don't really cry that much. I'm most likely to cry when I'm frustrated, but I try really hard not to get to that point because I know I get unreasonable and snappish, and I don't like behaving that way towards people I love. I'm more likely to walk away and chill for a few minutes. Usually when I return to what I was doing (or discussing) I feel a lot better.

When I hurt myself (stubbed toe, smashed finger) I just swear a lot. ;)