View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 AM
LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by emsgranny
Sienna

I cant believe you are giving up on your honda with only 180,000 miles lol

MYDHs truck has almost 300,00
my car has 187,000
spare car 168,000 (actually parked right now because it was hit while parked on street but we bought it back from ins co when they totaled it - we are in process of fixing it back up) It was only the back axil that broke and the wheel.
Oh my you have all given me such wonderful suggestions-thank you thank you! I will have to go through with Izzy and Hubby and narrow it down and then do a vote I think :D

Cheryl,
I did not give up on my poor civic but I had to be realistic with it. I commute 120 miles a day for work . The car had $7500 worth of damage done by a deer to the front end when it was two months old and then in October of 2010 I was rear ended doing another $4500 worth of damage. So my $10,000 civic has had $12,000 worth of work done to it lol. It now needs new tires, timing, oxygen sensor....It doesn't owe us anything at this point. It has been and still is a wonderful car (gave it to my parents) but with me commuting so far and with my medical issues the roomier car that has a warranty is better for me. I will always love this civic and know it did me right.

The new car is definitely a pick up and go. It has the pentistar V6 with tiptronics in it and 290 (or so) horsepower but gets almost 30 mpg. It has much more leg room for me and with my numbness issues I need it. I have only gotten the new car to 75 (done on a road that is 65 mph) but when we test drove the car I ended up at 90 because it picks up quick and you don't even feel it :shock: I backed that down right quick but she definitely has pep and deserves a fitting name.

Thank you all again..love so many of the names you all have offered!
Hugs
April