Old 07-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Elisabethann

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by MTS
I was really NOT wanting to buy a machine, but is this a good deal?
http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/cricut-...ewing-_-126124
seems like a lot of money for a few flowers...perhaps you could find someone that already has the set up and offer to buy the cartridge you need and pay them for their time/use of the machine to get your flowers!
I was just asking if it was a good price for the machine/combo offered, not necessarily for my project. Is it?
This Cricut cutting machine appears to be the smaller one. It might be Ok for what you are going to use it for, but you need to be aware that this one takes the 6x12 cutting mat, not the 12x24 mat. Personally, I went with the larger machine and am glad I did. I don't need the larger mat size all the time, but it has come in handy on a couple of occasions.

there is also a program called design studio that is put out by Provo craft that will allow you to use your computer to arrange things on the cutting mat to save space/fabric etc. I've used it before and liked it, but I lost it in the last computer crash and just haven't gotten around to reloading it. I've not tried the gypsy so I can't comment on that, other than the people I know who have it, like it!