View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:28 AM
borntoquilt

We were burglerized early this a.m. Bikes stolen from the garage (how the heck did they get the garage door UP??) Went thru our car (no $$-ha ha on them!) They did come into the kitchen (while we were sleeping! the NERVE) and there was my purse in plain sight. BYE BYE purse... Police found it about an hour after we reported. Thankfully all was there except for several hundred dollars..... Moral: keeping my purse in my closet, never carrying cash again, leaving the check books @ home unless I KNOW I'll need them, making copies of all important things (DL, CC #'s, anything that would need to be replaced), putting dead bolts on man door from garage to kitchen and man door from outside to garage, locking the car IN the closed garage and not leaving anything of value in sight. Funny tho! my laptop, 2 cell phones, 2 digital cameras, a VHF radio and a digital GPS were sitting right NEXT to my purse... They have since been moved to another room, out of sight. I am sooooo glad to have my purse contents back but I WILL find out who did this. Police seem to think it was kids. We live in a gated village with 24 hour guard service. So, burglers must LIVE in the villaage cause there is NO WAY anyone can get in without the guards knowing... Be careful with your valuables....