View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 AM
JudieRQuilting

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I know that we all have really hectic schedules and life is always getting in the way of things but when was the last time that you stopped to smell the flowers? The reason I am asking this is because I have been retired for the last 15 or so years and have been pretty busy painting show cars, building cars, repairing sewing machines, raising a family and trying to maintain a certain amount of sanity. But after all of the floods and the issues with the storms, loosing a house, being bit by a snake and now finding out that I might have something that I dont really want to come to grips with I have stopped for a bit to ponder a few things. When was the last time I stopped to smell the flowers...........

Its been a million degrees out for the last couple of days and there is really no relief in sight so I have been working on a bucket list of things I want to do before I leave this planet. But last night I let the dogs out and took time to look up at the stars and thank God for everything he has given me. Thats when I saw how pretty the moon was and I went back inside and grabbed my telescope that has been sitting in the same place for the last umpteen months and went outside to look at the heavens. After spending a few minutes getting it all set up I sat there and studied the moon and was really amazed at how beautiful it was. I could see the mountain ranges and all the detail like they were on the next block. It had a few new craters since the last time I looked at it towards the north pole and even still had a meteor sitting in one of the craters that you could see as plain as day. Afterwards I scanned the skies looking at different constellations and even catching a glimpse of Jupiter (I think it was Jupiter I need to look at my chart and see what was sitting at that point of the horizon then). I spent an hour or so gazing away just enjoying what has been put here for us to see.

It was then I was at peace and all the things around me seemed to disappear and I could enjoy what God had made for us. I finally took the time to stop and smell the flowers...........

Billy
Perfectly said!