View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Marcia

I went to Mary Jo's last week---my husband and I were on vacation and were passing by on I-85. I had warned him ahead of time that I wanted to stop and it would not be a quick trip inside!! He was wonderful and said "stay as long as you want and buy anything you want" (those are VERY dangerous words!!!). He napped in the car.

The store is everything that everyone has said it is!!! I was only in there for 1 hour and managed to buy 33 1/2 yards of fabric!!!! I had to get out FAST!!! The store can be very overwhelming, so I just concentrated on several areas where I knew I wanted fabrics. I bought 8 half yard pieces of Civil War repros, 3 one yard pieces of shirtings, 3 four yard pieces of cream on cream for backgrounds, 2 1/2 yards of green for a friend, 2 two yard cuts of browns and 8 yards of 108" wide backing. The prices really are great. I paid $6.29/yard for fabric I would pay $9 or more a yard for in my LQS. The wide backing fabrics were $6.99 and 9.99/yard and are quality fabrics. I also bought a few rulers and tools.

I will definitely be going back again!!! It is worth the trip.